Remember how tough your mom was at the store when it came to her coupons not working? As a young girl, I often considered this a hassle and disheartening. The complication of coupons to my younger self seemed unnecessary and foolish over a one dollar discount. However, as an adult, those few dollars could mean the difference as big as affording rent.
Here in Vegas, you will probably have to save a few thousand dollars before deciding to take the adventurous trip over to the City of Lights! A few hundred dollars on a wedding doesn’t seem too bad right? NO! The wedding business in Vegas can often be confusing and sometimes grimey. Don’t worry though. The internet is here for you!
Here are a few tips on how to save and score discounts!
- Yelp! Nowadays, everyone carries tiny computers in their back pockets. Now, to utilize it. If you haven’t already, download the app for Yelp so you can get honest reviews of all the locations in Vegas. When looking through the wedding chapel section of Yelp, be WARY of discounts and reviews. The best way to decide on a place is by looking through the worst reviews and compare them to the best reviews. Humans will always be problematic and have to something to complain about, so seeing those on the internet is no different! If you can handle the one star problems compared to the 5 star loves then give them a call! Ask about every area of charge that may be applied if you give them a visit. You don’t want those hidden fee’s creeping up on you.
- Groupon We’ve all heard of this one. Check them out for discounts and deals. Likewise be wary of these offers as well. It is best to go to the sellers website and confirm that the original price is not the discounted price because….that’s totally cheating.
- Facebook Lot’s of businesses will create an online presence in order to reach out to potential customers and present themselves in a useful manner. Reviews left on business pages often reflect the nature of the business as well as their posts. Analyze these and compare them to the details you researched on their other platforms. Looking for a quick cute wedding? Your best bet is looking through pictures and reviews that represent the situation that you want to be in.
- Google/+ Google is another platform to research the business. Their business section will tell potential customers much about them such as hours, numbers and directions. The section you should pay attention to the most is the pictures. Sometimes there will be more reviews about a business on Yelp than on Google. At the same time, on Google, you can find more pictures that the business will post themselves as well as pictures customers have posted. Note the changes of quality based on the time reviews or pictures were posted.
- In Person/Call When you’ve narrowed down your options to 1-3 then it’s time. This is the MOST important trip of the journey to searching for the business to do business with. Do not make it seem like they are your only choice. Countless times, couples will be eager to get married and go on exploring Las Vegas without prior research about the location and services they are getting into. Make sure you don’t skip the research and get sucked into sweet talk! While talking with employees of the business make sure to be on the same page with your partner so the employees won’t think they’ve snagged half of a wedding already. Talk about other chapels in front of the employee. Compare them in front of the employee. You never know when they’ll decide to go in the back and “get you a discount. At the same time you can hear what they have to say about their competitors. Double check on hidden fees.
Wedding businesses know that you are searching around. They know that everyone won’t know all the steps to getting married. And don’t think twice, some businesses will take advantage of you. Make sure that you stick to your budget and do not budge. Be that tough cookie your mom was over a dollar. The steps to finding the right chapel may be stressful and like you’d rather not go through the hassle, but at the end of the day you get to have the experience you wanted while not feeling cheated and happy that you married your hubby in a place you could appreciate together.